Mastering the art of working well with others is the key to success. Whether you are just entering the workforce or have been running a business for years, this book will help you build the career—and life—of your dreams.
MAKE A CAREER OUT OF BEING HAPPY
Based on the countless lessons gleaned from a distinguished and highly profitable business career, Alan shares the tools you need to create that success in your own career and life—success that is both meaningful and long lasting.
People Tools for Business is organized into 50 chapters. Each tool is illustrated with insightful stories and amusing anecdotes from Alan’s successful career and life that are relevant and relatable.
Some of the useful People Tools in the book include:
1. Be A Contrarian. Whether it's selling when everyone else says "buy," or speaking your mind when it's against the status quo, being a contrarian often pays off.
2. Budget, Don’t Fudge It. If you intend to be successful in business, or in your personal life, it’s crucial to have a plan, especially a financial plan.
3. Multi-Goaling. Recent studies have shown that multi-tasking actually diminishes your efficiency. That's why Fox suggest "multi-goaling": the simple art of making sure that everything you do kills (at least) two birds with one stone.
4. Advertise Your Mistakes. Ironically, being vulnerable and admitting that you’re not perfect will make you a stronger leader.
5. The Dreaded Annual Review. Performance reviews don't have to be a terrible task for all involved. Fox shares five tips to make the annual review a breeze.
YOU ARE THE SOLE PROPRIETOR OF YOUR LIFE
“This book is about business,” Alan writes. “But it’s also about the business of life. Running your life is very much like running a business, and this book is full of ideas and stories from my own life to help you.”
These time-tested “tools” will give you useful shortcuts to help you solve job-related problems. The advice is universal and can also be used outside of the workplace to build better relationships and create a more fulfilling life.
BUSINESS ADVICE FROM THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS
Fox has used People Tools to build an extremely successful career and personal life—one that includes growing a $1.5 billion commercial real estate company, launching a nationally renowned poetry journal, establishing a non-profit that provides funding to youth education projects, and raising a large and loving family.
|Title||:||People Tools for Business|
I received a free copy of this book from 12 Books Group in exchange for this review. People Tools for Business is Alan Fox's follow up to People Tools. In this book, he explores 50 different tools to ...
An insightful and inspiring collection of strategies and tools for your business and your life.This book is a collection of 50 “tools” focused on success in business. The author has worked as an a...
Disclaimer: I received this book as a Goodreads giveaway on the premise that I would review it. My copy is an uncorrected galley, and there may be changes in the final product.Alan C. Fox is a success...
I received this book from 12 Books, a business book club at Goodreads for free.I tend to read business books as self-help books, mostly because I'm retired and finally have the time to read. I find ma...
What I liked about this book is that it's not boring at all. The book is very simple and easy to read. I certainly recommend it for anyone. The tools by Alan Fox are useful for everyone! Not only busi...
I saw the author on the Steve Harvey Show and like the title. I figured I need to read it. I pride myself on relationships with my customers but always like people who give back. And I have some time ...
He wrote some other ones, but I liked the ease with which I went through this one (28 hrs?)Fantastic, Mr. Fox!...
Pretty good book. I learned from some of the chapters, but the last chapter was really interesting. I liked the fact that the book keeps you engaged because the chapters are small and to the point....